Let Us Sell Your Knives
We appreciate your interest in selling your knives through The Cutting Edge® or cuttingedge.com®. We have a web site for consignment sales located at www.cuttingedge.com and six times each year we mail a printed catalog, The Cutting Edge®, which offers mostly handmade knives. If you are interested in selling your knives through our consignment service, here’s how it works:
- Acceptable knives for the web site include handmade, antique (in excellent condition), or production knives. Typically, these knives need be worth $100.00 or more to be listed. From the knives which we receive for consignment, we will choose those that are included in the printed book. If you are unsure that the value of your knife is enough to fit our requirements, please email a description and photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 631-0055 to discuss.
- Ship your knives to us, making sure that they are properly packed to prevent damage and also properly insured to cover loss or damage in transit. Include in the package a listing of the knives along with your name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address. Please address the package to:
The Cutting Edge 2900 S. 26th Street Rogers, AR 72758-8571
At the same time that you ship knives to us, be sure to mail a copy of the knife listing with name and contact information in a separate envelope, or send it by email to email@example.com, so we are aware that knives are on the way to us.
- When we receive your knives, we will notify you that they have arrived, log them into our computer system and photograph them for the web-site or printed book. At the same time, we will also give you an estimate of when your knives will appear for sale.
- We upload new knives to the web site on the Wednesday closest to the first of each month. Currently, we are mailing six printed books a year; January, March, May, July, September and November. There is no guarantee as to when your knife will appear on the site or in the printed book, but we get them included as quickly as we possibly can.
- Your knives will be listed and priced by A. G. and our staff. You will be provided with a list of knives that have been listed with an assigned number, maker’s name and price from two to five days before the knives appear for sale on the website or the book goes to print. We prefer to notify you by e-mail. If you do not have an e-mail address then we will need to call you. You will need to approve, or disapprove, the pricing promptly. If we do not hear from you, we will go ahead and post the knives on cuttingedge.com or include them in the book.
- Once your knife sells, we will send a check around the 10th of the month 40 to 60 days after the sale of the knife, for 75% of the selling price. We retain 25% for the consignment fee. For example, checks written in March are for knives sold in January. This allows for the 14 day buyer preview as well as record keeping and processing.
- On cuttingedge.com, if your knife does not sell after 30-45 days, the price will be lowered by 10%. We post lowered prices on the Wednesday closest to the 15th of the month, therefore the first price is typically in effect for 40 to 45 days before it is changed. Approximately every 30 days thereafter, the price of your knife will be lowered by about 10% until it sells.
- If your knife does not sell in the printed catalog, The Cutting Edge®, we will lower the price by about 10% and include it in the next printed book. We will continue this in each book until the knife sells, or you ask us to return it to you.
- We will notify you of the new price two to five calendar days before the prices are to be lowered. We will provide a list with the assigned number, maker’s name, existing price and new price. We prefer to notify you by e-mail. If you do not have an e-mail address, we will need to call you. Please approve, or disapprove, the pricing promptly. If we do not hear from you, we will go ahead and post the knives on cuttingedge.com at the lowered prices. If you do not want the price lowered, please let us know and we will be happy to return your knife.
If you have further questions, please contact Shella at 479-631-0055 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan to send your knives, please remember to notify us by either mail, email or by phone so we may alert our Receiving Department.
A.G. Russell Knives, Inc. Updated 5/30/14 gr